- Learn the difference between Robots and other Machines
- Learn the History of robots: how humans fulfilled the dream for a Mechanical Man
- Get to know the parts that make up a Robot: Robot brain, sensors, and extensors
- Learn the Languages used to Program a Robot
- Learn Basic commands for controlling a Robot
- Get to work with an actual Robot
- Learn how to convert a Mission Algorithm to an actual Program
This course introduces beginners to the field of Robotics; the students are progressively led from basic concepts to actual work with robots; students learn the history of robots; the work of early pioneers; the development of robots; the distinguishing features of robots such as an electronic brain, electronic sensors and mechanical extensors or arms; they get to create a mission algorithm for an actual robot and convert that to an actual program.
There are video sessions and discussion sessions to engage the students; there are personal assignments to students to come up with innovative ideas and areas of application for robots; there are also class activities when students interact with the real parts of a robot; students learn to assemble a simple robot and then send it on short missions; the emphasis is on doing; the class motto is “DO IT”.
- Actuators and Extensors
- Arduino Programming Environment
- Basic electronic Components
- Simplified C Programming